Oh yeah, about the lifetime of the cookie - with no valid expiry time it is
created as a session cookie - which is supposed to only live as long as the
browser does.

[opening a new independent browser window does not share the session, but
window.open() calls do, as do other 'browser created from browser with
session' methods, if that makes any sense, <grin>]

--
Shane