http://snaps.php.net/

Again, the whole "not fully tested" issue comes to play...  I'd avoid
using these on a production server, obviously. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Eheler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 4:04 PM
To: Zeev Suraski; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] PHP 4.1 out?

Interesting.

I'll hold off, but people will still try stuff like that. I'm not trying

to tell ya what to do, but I've found it best never to put files with
release-names in their primary download spots, regardless of how hidden
they may seem, until your absolutely positive that will be the release
file.

I've been randomly trying various filenames with wget for the past week
or so, and last night it worked. One of the older tricks in the books
for getting pre-releases.

Also, beyond this.. other than grabbing from CVS, does php ever publish
milestone development versions for download anywhere?

Mike

Zeev Suraski wrote:

> And for a good reason.  Please don't publish such URLs in the
future...

> Zeev
>
> At 18:56 28/11/2001, Mike Eheler wrote:
>
>> Try it:
>>
>> http://www.php.net/distributions/php-4.1.0.tar.gz
>>
>> No word on the website, though.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> --
>> To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]