From: mweb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 December 2001 10:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] URGENT: IIS server doesn't recognize PHP pages

Hello,

I am working for a customer whose ISP uses WinNT/IIS. To test the server
environment available I have just uploaded the classic test php page with
only phpinfo() inside.

When I point to that URL (http://mycustomerdomain.com/test.php), netscape
just opens the "Save as (type application/octet stream)" window.

This means that the *server* is not set up to fire up the PHP interpreter on
files ending with .php, right?
What could the reason be? Is it possible that the fault is in the file, for
example the CR/LF mess when moving files from Linux to Win**.
If it *is* a server problem, what should I suggest to the ISP sysadmin
(which is responsive, but knows almost exclusively IIS/ASP/VBScript)?

Please help: the customer is starting to scream, and it is really
embarassing
to be stuck like this when I have a bunch of pages perfectly workiing under
Linux just waiting inside my PC.

'The information included in this Email is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality'