On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 12:19:24PM +0100, Susanne Benkert wrote:
> > This works for me. For ldap_connect("ldap://hostname";) to work, you need
> > OpenLDAP 2.x libs but that's all. Are you sure PHP is using that library?
>
> I'm quite sure, because other ldap functions work properly such as
> ldap_connect("hostname"); or ldapsearch()...
> I already have a few PHP websites which are using these functions
> without problems. Only the newer ones like ldap_set_option() or
> ldap_start_tls() or (as mentioned) ldap_connect() with an URI don't
> work, although I use a PHP version that should support these things.
>
> Are there any additional libs for that?

It really sounds like you are using PHP with another LDAP library than
OpenLDAP 2.x or Netscape. If you could recompile PHP, could you try to
see what LDAP library is used in the compilation? Maybe you can see it
by grepping for ldap in config.log. Could you check if you have the
file ldap.h in several locations. Has all the ldap.h you find got
something like this inside them:
#define LDAP_API_VERSION       2004

PHP checks for this to determine if ldap_set_option() etc. should be
included.

If the ldap.h comes from OpenLDAP 2.x, LDAP_API_VERSION should be
defined.

Stig