Only the old session vars show up when I do print_r($HTTP_SESSION_VARS);

In the unsecure http I already registered a session var called $newses. when
I go to the secure part I use the same sessionid -> session_id($sid);
where $sid was part of the url
part</a>

Once I am in the secure part (Login) I want to register a new sessvar.
session_register("myses");
if(session_is_registered("myses")){
$myses=array("id"=>$row["user_id"],"username"=>$row["username"],"password"=>
$row["password"]);
}

and it is this one that I cant get!