I solicit information from a text field and save the data in mysql to be
pulled out later and displayed as text on a webpage.

However, Carrage Returns in the text field do not appear in the webpage
text.

With ereg_replace() I can replace the Carriage Returns with  "\n", so
what is this the character I need to find in the text field to replace?
 chr(13) ???

ereg_replace("chr(13)", "\n", $TextFieldData) ????????

Thanks.