From: Kevin Stone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 11:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Help creating an image repository/library.

That would be an ideal solution.  But one of my problems is that I'm not
very familiar with permission settings.  All I know about is CHMOD.
What
exactly is CHOWN and how would I set it to allow the script upload to a
public directory without risking the security of the web site?  Thanks!

-Kevin

> Can you chown the directory to the same user as the web server runs as
> (ie. nobody)? At that point, you will be able to upload into that
> directory while retaining the directory permission of 755.

corresponding