Is the code below in a function? If so, you'll have to globalize $PHP_SELF:

        function your_function() {
                global $PHP_SELF;

                echo $PHP_SELF;
                ..
        }

alternatively, you could do

        function your_function() {

                echo $GLOBALS['PHP_SELF'];
                ..
        }

To the best of my knowledge, PHP_SELF is set regardless of the
register_globals configuration setting, but I'm not 100% sure.

        -steve

At 11:13 AM +0000 12/19/01, Caleb Carvalho wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I have created a script that is suppose to get some input from
>user and display back, and i have the following method
>
><FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="<? echo $PHP_SELF ?> ">
>
>so i have a script that if login fails it will ask the user
>to register,
>

>if(!$username) {
>  session_unregister("userid");
>  session_uregister("userpassword");
>  echo "Authorisation Failed." .
>       "you must enter a valid credentials.".
>       "try again.<BR>\n";
>echo "<A HREF=\"$PHP_SELF\">Login</A><BR>";
>echo "If you're not a member please regsiter.<BR>\n";
>echo "<A HREF=\"$register_script\">Membership</A>";
>exit;
>}
>else echo "welcome, $username!";

>Now for some strange reasons it tries to access my web direcorty
>that does not contain any file, and i get the 404 page not found
>error.
>
>any help would do,
>
>Thanks
>
>Caleb

| Steve Edberg                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |