unset will unset a varialbe.  In the case I had I used to make sure that
my $subAry was being unset before using it (I use it several places since
several sections had sub sections).

And yes, you can nest this as deep as you want since it is really just a
tree.  You start at the top and walk all the way down...

And yes, you could generate a navbar (or breadcrumbing).  As you walk the
tree just append the name to say $breadcrumb and then you'd have it.

-philip