On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Mike Eheler wrote:

> Too late for that, too.. in addition to providing web hosting for
> hundreds of sites, we are also a web development company and have 2
> major websites out there using extended php 4.1 features.
>
> We need STD_DES, and it appears that PHP 4.1 has switched to using MD5
> by default.
>
> Thanks for your help! I'll see what I can do.

If you really really need STD_DES for PHP 4.1, check the source code in
ext/standard/crypt.c and force it to use STD_DES and recompile.

>From crypt.c:

/*
   The capabilities of the crypt() function is determined by the test programs
   run by configure from aclocal.m4.  They will set PHP_STD_DES_CRYPT,
   PHP_EXT_DES_CRYPT, PHP_MD5_CRYPT and PHP_BLOWFISH_CRYPT as appropriate
   for the target platform
*/

--
patrik_wallstrom->foodfight->[EMAIL PROTECTED]>+46-709580442