Hopefully a quick question:

I'm using the PHP date() function on my site, but since my hosting company
(Pair Networks) is on the East Coast and I'm on the West Coast, everything
shows as three hours later (for most of my visitors, anyway). Pair tells me
there's no setting I can make on my account to change the server time zone.

Can anyone recommend a way to set an offset for the date() function in PHP?
(I searched on php.net and couldn't find anything.)

Thanks for any help!

 Marvin