A lot of different answers, which I will respond to:

- The variable is definately set before the include call is made, there is
no doubt about that  at all :)

- Including remote files *is* possible. The php manual does not mention this
does not work, and when I add the variable to the call (include
..../calculate_drivers?serie_id=3.php) the code is processed perfectly. The
thing is, I can not pass the variable with the call, because it's value is
determined by the form field. I could use a switch statement of course, but
that adds a lot more text to the code.

- I'm not sure changing the file extension will help (because the code in
that remote php file has to be processed on the remote server, in order to
be able to query the db), but I will give it a try.

--
Imar de Vries - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ 6972439