Peter Clarke wrote:

>"Aaron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
>>Well that works. But its a little bizzare. I have to do that to get the
>>content of a node even when that node has no children...
>>
>>e.g.
>><root>
>>    <stuff>
>>        <morestuff>SOME TEXT GOES HERE</morestuff>
>>    </stuff>
>></root>
>>
>>So even if the current node is "morestuff" I still have to do the
>>currentnode->children etc. blah.
>>
>>which is a bit dodgey
>>

>Ah but the content of the node IS a child of the node. Everything inside a
>node is it's child
>eg:
>The children of <p> are:
>'html line 1' AND '<br/>' AND 'html line 2'
>
>Peter

Yeah that makes sense. There aint really any way around it. But  there
should be a way to say that a particluar node is the last in the chain.

i dunno like if the entire contents is CDATA. so.

This would not have a child as content, only content. Thats how I see it anyway.

on the other hand :

as you said above would have child as content, that makes sense.

Supposedly all this is quite likely to change in the future anyway..... So i guess it
doesnt matter.

Well either way, as long as I can find documentation on how it works I'm
happy. :)