> I need to build a php-chat (online support system), but in realtime.
> I've develope a system that refresh in browser client in 5 seconds. But
> i need a system that works in realtime, what i meen is when a client or
> the server send a message, the browser refresh when a message was sent.
> All this without JAVA.

Have you thought about using a pre-built system:

  http://www.phplivesupport.com/web/phplive_web/

It does cost money (one-time fee, no recurring fee), but I would imagine
that spending time to build one yourself would also cost money (in terms
of time).

I have never used it, but it definitely looks to be worthwhile.

--
[ joel boonstra | [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]