Make sure you've copied the contents of the c:\php\dlls folder to your
system directory (\windows\system, \winnt\system32, not sure 'bout 2K).

Your extension_dir setting in php.ini should be

extension_dir = c:/php/extensions/

And make sure you've copied your php.ini to your windows directory
(\windows, \winnt, again not sure 'bout 2K)