Hi all,

I'm trying to add MySQL to my RaQ4. It came
by default with PHP4 but no MySQL.

I've installed all 4 RPMs (including the developer part and
everything) of the latest version, and MySQL is working fine.
I've got DbTools (fantastic!) to interact with it, no probs.

However, I have reason to believe that PHP has been compiled
without MySQL support. Namely 'cause phpMyAdmin doesn't work and
I'm clutching at the only thing on the install list that I didn't
do myself (ie php4 was pre-installed and is built into the GUI,
unlike my RaQ3 where I added it in).

When I first started tinkering around with adding PHP4 to my
other RaQ3, I remember using tarballs with switches to ensure
MySQL support was installed.

So, my question is, how can I tell if PHP has been compiled with
MySQL support or not, and if not, how can I add it in without
breaking whatever's already there!! I presume PHP will be an RPM
(or even a .PKG?), so can I specify these options within RPM installation?

Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

Greg Conway.

 --
+-----------------------------------+
|  Greg Conway, Technical Director  |
|    GML Networking Technologies    |
+-----------------------------------+
 Email/MSN:    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ICQ#:                     100219981
 mobile tel.:   +44 (0) 7974 666 967
 mobile fax:    +44 (0) 7970 087 935
 Internet:      http://www.gmlnt.com
 office tel.:   +44 (0) 1255 672 103
 office fax:    +44 (0) 1255 679 909
| GMLNT ** Sensible Smart Solutions |
This is a confidential communication between sender and addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication to others. Any opinions or views expressed are
those of the individual, and unless otherwise stated, are not those of the company.
All attachments and intellectual rights remain the property of GML (NT) Limited.