says...
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks. I have tried this (the line was not there), but still I have my
> original problem. I am now suspecting it is more than a PHP problem, as I
> have the same problem with Zope (where I have PHP installed :) but I don't
> think the MySQL connector is reliant on it....!), namely:
>
> Error
> MySQL said:
>
> MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
>
> So I think it's something wrong with the MySQL somewhere... despite the fact
> that MySQL is running okay! I have Db Tools querying the Db okay from
> outside the machine!!
>
> Anyway, thanks for the tip.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg.

Perhaps your mysql installation uses a socket elsewhere? Have a look at
the output of 'mysqladmin variables' which should have an environment
variable which shows the socket location. Also have a look in your
php.ini, where there are some settings for mysql connections.

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!