Actualy I found it's even easier Jim..

        ob_start();
        include("templates/$card[template].html");
        $output = ob_get_contents();
        ob_end_clean();

The include() between the start and clean ob_*() functions won't print
to the client browser yet still evaluates the <?php?> tags within the
HTML template.

I must say this is a very cool set of functions.  Thanks for the tip!

--
Kevin Stone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PHP
> > won't evaluate.  And since most of the template is HTML with some
> > Javascript of course eval() won't work on the string.
> >
> > Did I paint myself into a corner here?  Or is there a way out that I
> > just don't see.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin Stone
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > www.helpelf.com
> >

> > --
> > To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]