Hugh,

I experimented with JPEG when I started using the GD libraries and was not
satisfied with the results. Just too many image quality issues. Unless your
map is a image (vs a graphic) I wouldn't use Jpeg. The coloring you speak of
may be a result of jpeg compression. Using no compression will likely remove
this problem but you will pay a penalty in file size. If you have the option
convert your image to PNG or GIF (depending on what gd library you have)
using something like Photoshop. You'll probably like the results better.

Chris

"Hugh Danaher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000701c1acec$71c3c800$0100007f@localhost">news:000701c1acec$71c3c800$0100007f@localhost...
> Chris,
> Thank you for your help.  I actually found an example on web monkey late
> last night for .gif and made the translation to .jpg.  However, whatever
> color text I use, it turns out gray.  Any help here would go down nicely.
>
> Hugh

You