I have a form with 1 checkbox and have coded it like this:

<input type=checkbox name=private>

When the form is submitted, $HTTP_POST_VARS[private] only exists IF checkbox
is checked.  It doesn't exist otherwise, which is causing a problem because
there are several other elements before and after.  What happens is the
value AFTER "private" is actually populating "private" if "private" is empty
(not checked).  I am, no doubt, missing something small, but critical here.
Can someone point out the error of my ways and explain how to get the
checkbox key/value pair into the post vars array when the value is not
checked?

TIA,

--
Gaylen