On Monday, February 18, 2002, at 06:14  PM, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:

> Sorry, but I do have to correct you here--this isn't true. ;) In double-
> quoted strings and heredocs, you can do the following:
>
>   $foo = "This page is $_SERVER[PHP_SELF]";
>
> Or, better:
>
>   $foo = "This page is {$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']}";
>
> You do have to concat to do this in single-quoted (noninterpolated)
> strings, though.

Ah, I had forgotten about that.  I stay away from the first version, and
completely forgot about the second version.  Ironic, because IIRC it is
the answer to one of the first questions I posted on this list. (I was
trying to include mysql_fetch_array elements in print statements and
didn't want to transfer the value to a scalar beforehand, or
something! :)

Erik

----

Erik Price