Yeeesch! I neet help.

I need a method to flush out lists of authors in a MySQL field called
"KW".

The field looks a bit like this:

&&1; Caribbean and West Indies; Guyana;&&4; Birney,(i) Earle; Harris,(i)
Wilson; Hope,(i) Alec Derwent; King,(i) Bruce; James,(i) Henry;
Olson,(i) Charles; Rushdie,(i) Salman; Purdy,(i) Al; Joyce,(i) James;
Macleish,(i) Archibald; Cummings,(i) Edward Estlin (E.E.); Auden,(i) W.
H.; Atwood,(i) Margaret; Tutuola,(i) Amos; Simon,(i) Claude;&&7;
comparison of authors and works;

In the section that starts with &&4
I need to look for (i) search backward to the prewious ; and search
forward to the next ; and extract into an array the contents between the
semi-colons to arrive at something that looks like:

Birney, Earle
Harris, Wilson
Hope, Alec Derwent
King, Bruce