From: Jeff Bearer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 8:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] using a mysql temporary table.

Hello,

I'm trying to use a temporary table in mySQL with PHP.  First I tried to
create a temporary table and then query it in the same script. But the
table didn't persist to the second query in the PHP script.

I found this knowledge base entry:
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/445

Where it shows to do all the querying in one swoop.  The problem I'm
having now is that PHP is throwing an error at the first semi-colon.  It
appears that it doesn't want to run multiple query statements in 1 query
function.

I'm using the mySQL pear class in my application, I wouldn't think that
it would have any effect on the problem.

Here is an example of the query I'm attempting.

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp_events SELECT event_id, event_title FROM
events; INSERT INTO tmp_events SELECT event_id, event_title FROM
special_events; SELECT event_id, event_title FROM tmp_events ORDER BY
event_title;

But I get an error like:
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; INSERT INTO
tmp_events'

If I echo my SQL statement and paste it into mySQL the query works fine.
Any suggestions that you can offer would be great.

--
Jeff Bearer, RHCE
Webmaster