Since your function stripslashes the data, does that mean that it's not
a good idea to use on code that has backslashes?  (For instance, if I
have some data that I've already run through addslashes or something).
Essentially all I'm asking is if it's safe to encode() any string data
or just certain kinds of string data.

This function is cool -- I was thinking of using it with array_walk()
and a bunch of POST data, to get a bunch of numerical strings, then
imploding them into a single hidden form field, which on the next
instantiation of the page gets exploded back to separate fields and
entered into the database.  I haven't worked it all out yet, but then
again I'm still testing out these functions.

Thanks!

Erik

----

Erik Price