If you have any Object Oriented Programming experience, then you may not
had asked this. Its a operator to access methods, and variables inside a
instance of a class , in which the variable before "->" is the
instance of the  class and the latter is a method or variable of that
class. This is what I know, if you have any
explanatory docs, pls let me know.

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Jack wrote:

> Dear all
> There is one symbol in PHP that i always see is "->", could anyone pls tell
> me what is this, and what does that do?
> Here is the statement i saw could some pls explain what it means?
>
> if (!empty($row->usd_period)
>
> Thx a lot
> Jack
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is
always ripe to do right."

                -- Nelson Mandela