OK. Is "Short" a keyword? The "Short" part in "INERT INTO Movies (Title,
Actors, Review, Reviewer, Short)...." is giving me the "Syntax Error"
message.

I will rename my tables with a "mv" suffix. Lets see if that solves the
problem.

"Dr. Shim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;
Matt Schroebel suggested I

echo "$SQLString";

The echo statement returned

INSERT INTO Movies (Title, Actors, Review, Reviewer, Short) VALUES (, , , ,
,)

So, clearly, the error lies in the form that passes the values to this
script.

Thanks Matt, we're getting closer.

"Dr. Shim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;
Nope, all my values are strings.

"Markas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;
$SQLString = "INSERT INTO Movies (Title, Actors, Review, Reviewer, Short)
     VALUES ('$Title','$Actors','$Review','$Reviewer','$Short')";

As the manual says: Note: Unlike the two other syntaxes, variables will not
be expanded when they occur in single quoted strings. ... So maybe some your
fiels requires a numeric value, but because no extraction occurs, it
receives string?