Dear Rasmus,

   I must be wrong, because fetching the cvs I found an entry in the
Chanlog file

2002-02-01  James E. Flemer  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   * main/fopen_wrappers.c
     main/fopen_wrappers.h:
   Changed php.ini directive 'safe_mode_include_dir' to accept a
   (semi)colon separated path, rather than a single directory.
   Also moved checking of said path into a separate path for code
   readability.

   Which led me to think that such parameter would enable php scripts
with an open_base_dir setting to access a separate "include_path" so
system wide libraries would not need to be duplicated in every
VirtualDomain hosted.

   Can you help me out with this ?