On Thursday, March 14, 2002, at 04:34  PM, Edward van Bilderbeek - Bean
IT wrote:

> you can't use a variable as a parameter for the included file... because
> include does nothing else then putting the text of the include file on
> the
> place of the include statement...

Are you sure about this?  I'm almost positive that PHP is flexible about
accepting variables or strings as function arguments in most cases.  I
just tested it, and it seems to work fine...

$includefile = './leftnavigation.inc';
include($includefile);

I posted a question on this list about a month ago, and someone said
that you can use variables or strings in many cases -- just remember
that the variable expands to the string BEFORE being processed by the
function.

Erik

----

Erik Price