Hello Erik,

I have this hosted at my ISP. The phpinfo() shows that they have:

Linux 2.4.3
PHP Version 4.0.4pl1
Sablotron XSLT support: enabled

Which annotations are you refering to?

The odd thing is that I have copied the code from two different examples
from the web and both give me this same "only variables can be passed by
reference" error.  My ISP says that Sablotron is installed correctly but
doesn't know why I am getting this error.

I cannot find any reference to this error and Sablotron at www.deja.com or
elsewhere on the net. Am I the only one that is getting this error?

I can't wait to get this going. Thanks for the help.

Edward
www.tanguay.info