On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 09:47  AM, Joe Webster wrote:

> It only works in IE -- it makes use of the 'Full Screen' (F11) option
> and
> tricks IE into doing so... hope you don't want it to work in NS,
> Opera... or
> anything else

I never realized that!  But, (not that I didn't believe you but I like
to see for myself) I just tested it in Mozilla 0.9.9 for OS X, and it
-sort- of works.  The "Favorites" bar appears, but the navigation bar
(with forward/backward buttons) doesn't appear.

BUT... with a bit of fudging, I can get it to appear (playing with the
menu settings and clicking the "Toolbar" button that appears in every
Aqua window).  Also, the window is resizeable.  So it looks like you can
"suggest" to Mozilla that it not display the nav bar, but you can't
"force" it like you do in Explorer.

Erik

PS: some testing with MSIE5.1 in OS X shows that by clicking the
"toolbar" button mentioned above, you can actually bring back scroll
bars, nav bar, and window-resizeability.  But I'm glad to know that this
isn't a true JavaScript feature, rather an MSIE extension of sorts...

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp
Media Lab, H.H. Brown