From: Erik Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 9:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] OT - number of chars in querystring

Sorry for this quick OT question --

I'm skimming thru the HTTP spec but can't find anything that defines the
character limit in GET requests.  I'm writing a form that uses GET to
send data to my PHP script, but I'm afraid that if the user enters too
many characters then some will get cut off.  Does anyone know the actual
limit?

If not, is there a generally-accepted maximum that is used (to assure
compatibility with most user agents and servers)?

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp