Yes... I realized that after I hit send :^)

>> I don't want to slow things down any (things are blazing fast now but I
>> want to keep it that way).
>
> It's not worth worrying about microseconds

That's what I figured.

>> It would be really nice if there was a one line function that
>> could do this. I also use Lasso and they have a simple
>> [URL_Redirect:'http://domain.com'] tag which does the job.
>
> You could write a function that does that like:
> function connect_to_db($host,$dbName,$user,$pass,$redirectTo) {
> $db = mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass);
> if (!db) {
> log(mysql_error());
> header("Location: $redirectTo");
> exit;
> }
> if (!mysql_select_db($dbname,$db)) {
>  log(mysql_error());
>  header("Location: $redirectTo");
>  exit;
> }
> return $db;
> }

That is a really good idea.  Now do I need to do something like this:

<? include('phpmysqlstuff.inc'); ?>
Blaa blaa blaa
<? ob_end_clean(); ?>

>> I am also unfamiliar with the output buffer functions even
>> after reading up on them in the manual.  If I call ob_start()
>> at the start of
>> my page do I need to call a closing ob function after my $dbfail code if
>> the connection is successful and my redirect ob_end_clean(); call is
>> not made?
>
> No, ob_end* ends the buffering.

I still do not get the ob stuff.  Is there any issue with having a
ob_start(); in my initial include and no ob_end* after this.  I guess I
still really don't understand what is actual happening when I call
ob_start().  All I know if that I can then call the header function where
ever I want later.

I just want to know if I am creating any type security, or memory issue by
calling ob_start and then not calling ob_end*.  I am going to take a guess
that when the server hits the end of the file the end is called anyway.

Thanks,

Dan