On Thursday, March 28, 2002, at 08:14  PM, bvr wrote:

> Try not to use MSIE when developing or install the debug thingie, 
> otherwise you will not get sensible feedback on what went wrong during 
> page load..

Good advice, I'll try with Mozilla.

> Anyway, it's probably not the memory limit, because in that case PHP 
> reports an error..

I'm starting to suspect the same, read on...

> Did you even enable-memory-limit ?? If you did, use can try this with 
> your httpd.conf

No, I didn't... I just noticed that in php.ini there is a setting for 
max memory per script (default was 8M, I raised it to 16 before, when I 
thought this was the problem).

I believe the problem is the xslt_process() function.  I actually was 
able to read the file in my script after all, so I'm almost positive 
that it's not a problem with that.  No, what happened in fact was that 
if the file was read successfully, it was passed as an argument to the 
xslt_process() function.  If xslt_process() was the source of my 
problem, then that would explain why it crapped out every time I 
included file-reading functions -- because I wasn't testing in 
isolation, rather, I was testing with the xslt_process() function and 
couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I'm going to try some of the other methods for using xslt_process() 
listed at the man page, I was trying the simpler 3-argument version.  
There's a more complex 6-argument function that I will try now, and see 
if that works.  But it seems that I only get this error when attempting 
a successful xslt_process().  (I know that it is successful because I am 
testing its success in the script.)

Thanks, bvr.  I'll continue to bug test.



Erik Price
Web Developer Temp
Media Lab, H.H. Brown

PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply via email to