... I gotta problem with them.

I'm trying to connect to the server (same one from
which the page is at). My code is as follows:

if($searchsocket = fsockopen("127.0.0.1", 8080,
&$errornumber, &$errormessage, 30)) {

Obviously 127.0.0.1 is not the real IP address. But
it's at this point that it's reporting error number
111 (Connection refused). Is that because my line of
code is wrong? I'm trying to connect to port 8080.
Should I just leave the port blank and put :8080 after
the IP address? Is this because there could be
something about the server which is breaking the code?
What's going on?