On Saturday, April 6, 2002, at 11:44  AM, Shane McBride wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am able to upload and download Macintosh files but they seem to lose
> their
> MIME type or extensions. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not a Mac dude.
>
> When you download the file It loses the file association. It's for a
> company
> I do work for that uses a lot of .ai and .psd files.
>

> Any ideas on this?

You're possibly losing the resource fork of the files you are uploading,
because the server is not an HFS+ filesystem.  To the best of my
knowledge there is nothing you can do about this via PHP, but there are
probably tricks (like AppleScript) that you could use as a workaround,
such as encoding the files in some transport-friendly format before
uploading and decoding them upon download.

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp