From: David Robley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: April 14, 2002 6:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Re: Need row number from database select

Well, you don't need to know what row number is. Something like:

function build_folder_tree(&$output, $parent=1, $indent="")
{
  $color = "red"; // Set var to first option

  $qid = mysql_query("SELECT id, name FROM folders WHERE parent_id =
$parent");
  while ($cat =  mysql_fetch_object($qid))
  {
    $output .= $cat->name + $indent; // here is where I want to assign diff.
colors
    $color == "red" ? $color = "blue": $color = "red"; // Cycle color for
each iteration

    if ($cat->id != $parent)
      build_folder_tree($output, $cat->id, $indent."  ");