On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 10:54:51AM -0700, John Weez wrote:
:
: I have a script which makes a directory. This directory is owned by
: nobody.nobody because that is what apache runs as. But, I want this
: directory to be owned by a differrent user. So, After making the
: directory i use the php command chown to change the directory ownership.
: Now, I get an error saying opperation not permitted.

The 'chown' command can only be executed by the superuser.

The next question to ask is, why do you want this PHP-created directory
to be owned by a different user?

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]