On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 02:05  PM, John Weez wrote:

> No, user nobody does not have access to chown command. This is part of
> my problem i suspect.

So then your "chown" command's permissions do not allow "everyone" to
execute it?  If this is not the standard setup, so I would speak to your
system administrator and find out why "chown" is not available.  On most
systems I've seen, chown is a standard utility that both its owner,
members of its group, an everyone else on the system has access to.
This means that "nobody" has access to it as well.  Whether or not
"nobody" has permission to change the ownership of a file to someone
else is another matter entirely.

Erik

----

Erik Price