On Friday 19 April 2002 08:13 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Andre Dubuc wrote:
> > Whenever I try:
> >
> > print("$_SESSION['sfname']);  or  print("$_POST['scity']
> >
> > I get a parse error "expecting 'T_STRING' . . ." -- obviously there's
> > nothing in the array or I haven't set it.
>
> You just have a simple syntax error.
>
> You can use any of the following:
>
>    print $_SESSION['sfname'];
>    print "{$_SESSION['sfname']}";
>    print "${_SESSION['sfname']}";
>
> But you can't put a bare array dereference inside a quoted string like you
> tried above. You need to surround it with {curly braces} or take it
> outside the quoted string.
>
> miguel

Hi Miguel,

I tried all three -- none work.  I question whether register_globals is truly
"off" since, earlier when I changed php.ini it dumped my Postgresql and left
the phpinfo() unchanged. This time it reported the change, and Postgresql is
working.

Is there a way I can verify that (a) globals are off and (b) $_SESSION or
$_POST are on? This probably what's happening -- I can't access the arrays at
all -- so, I think that might be where the problem lies. The $vars still work
though throughout all scripts.

Any ideas?

Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet: http://www.webhart.net/csrb/