In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Reuben D Budiardja) wrote:

> On Thursday 02 May 2002 04:08 pm, J Smith wrote:
> > preg_replace() can be used with arrays.
>
> Yeah, but how to make it case-insensitive beside changing the my search and
> replace strings to a regular expression? The problem is that I have a big
> array for search and replace, and it would be most labourious to change them
> to reg exp.

It shouldn't be laborious, if the array's values were--as you
implied--compatible with str_replace.  You're replacing an array of
straight string values, correct?  So just escape the regex special values
(preg_quotes()) in each while you're looping through the array to add the
pattern delimiters and "i" modifier.  Then pass that array to preg_replace.

--
CC