Hi all,

ok, here is my problem.

I have a table in my db which is like this:

id      name    parent_id
1       menu1   0
2       menu2   0
3       menu3   0
4       menu4   0
5       sub1    1
6       sub2    2
7       sub3    3
8       sub4    6
9       sub5    7
10      sub6    9

which would be a tree like this (well, not actually a tree, more like a couple
of linear linear lists starting from a point where parent_id == 0):

menu1 -> sub1
menu2 -> sub2 -> sub4
menu3 -> sub3 -> sub5 -> sub6
menu4

or something like this :)

The table always has less than 200 rows, so I just go right ahead an read all
values into my array $categories. So now everything is let's say in:
$categories['id']
$categories['name'] and
$categories['parent_id']

I now make my $tree array and push every array from categories on it if it
meets $categories['parent_id'] == 0 to start with

for ($i=0; $i < count($categories); $i++)
{
  if ($categories['parent_id'] == 0)
    $tree[] = $categories[$i];
}

Now comes the hard part where help would be appreciated. How do I recursively
run through $categories and add all the subs to the right $tree?

If you have any ideas I would be very glad.

Sasa Velickovic
http://www.hexatex.de

PS: I don't look for a nested sets algo to recursively select the right
datasets from the database ...