> > He did say he did /not/ want to invoke it from a browser :)
> I didn't think that PHP could run w/o one though, so my idea was to
use a
> text browser, have it run the script, then exit out.  As I said, I was
> probably wrong ;)

Actually, that's exactly how it's typically done, using wget or lynx.
Yes, you can compile a standalone version of PHP and use it directly,
but most hosts do not have that. So, you add a line to your cron file
that calls up your PHP script through lynx. Your script shouldn't return
anything, just do what it has to do, or it should redirect output to a
file or email. You can use the -dump switch for lynx to dump any output
that does occur.

I know he said he did not want to invoke it from a browser, but I think
he meant that he didn't want to have to physically go to and load up the
page himself.

---John Holmes...