I have been running a newswire service since 97 and recently noticed an
increase in the number of people flipping our site to harvest email
addresses contained in the news releases posted on our site. (prweb.com)

I am running apache and php on a linux box.  Can anyone suggest
something that I can implement that would block users who are harvesting
data from our site?  I do not mind legit users from using this data, but
the flippers are chewing up my bandwidth and db resources.

I also want to be careful to not block valid search engine spiders from
indexing our site.

David McInnis