I haven't jumped ship to OSX yet (still on OS9), but I believe it's not far
away...  However, I don't know if I'd put my test server on the same box...
time will tell, but I prefer having my old clunker P133 box under the desk
running the same OS / Apache version / PHP version / MySQL version as but
ISP... it makes migrating from the test environment to the live environment
sooooo easy.

If you can't get everything running on OSX, seriously look at an old Pentium
with either a windows or unix based OS.

As far as local testing, I have file-sharing set-up between the mac and the
unix box, so I save my files directly into the doc root (no FTP :)) and
command-tab across to my browser and hit reload.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to hit "preview in browser" because PHP
has to be parsed by the server (http://localhost/dir/dir/file.php), rather
than as a file (file:///path/to/file.php).

Good luck,

Justin

on 18/05/02 3:03 AM, Marcus James Christian ([EMAIL PROTECTED])