Hello,

When I use "mysqladmin processlist" to view the mysql process, there are
a few process in "Sleep" status. I wonder what makes it sleep, so I
wrote a little script like this:

#!/usr/bin/php4
<?
mysql_pconnect("192.168.16.210","myaccount","password");
system("sleep 10");
?>

This script will make a mysql_pconnect(), sleep for 10 seconds and then
end the script. In the sleep time, I use mysqladmin process to view the
process and exactly the process is there. But when the script ends after
10 seconds, I can't find that process in the processlist.

So, what makes those "Sleeping" process in my mysql server?

--
Patrick Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG public key http://pahud.net/pubkeys/pahudatpahud.gpg