Previously, Jimmy Lantz wrote:

> (Unlink(file) == rm file) ? (ignore this mail):(explain diffs);
>
> Does PHP unlink function handle deletion of files equally as the "rm"
> command on the system in my case FreeBSD.
> Or does it involve caching/handling files in any different way?

It just uses the system call unlink() which is what rm does.  That means
the link is removed.  If that's the only link to that file (inode), the
file goes away.  If there are multiple links, then only the link is removed
and the file (inode) remains with the one or more other links.  This is
exactly what rm does, though.

 -dan

--
The process for understanding customers primarily involves sitting around
with other marketing people and talking about what you would to if you were