Heya:

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:55:27AM +0100, Caspar Kennerdale wrote:

> I have one table, with a name and info about the project and upto 5
> urls of where the jpeg lies.

Are you talking about five fields in the table containing up to five
URI's for each project?  That's not cool.  You should "normalize" that
structure.  Put the project info in one table and then the URI's in
anohter.  This allows you to efficiently store as few or as many URI's
as your heart desires.

> Now, I then have a piece of javascript which tells frame 2 to update
> itself.

And what about people looking at your site who don't have Java'sCrap
running?

> So I have parsed the record ID to it and it then open a query to the
> database and outputs the relevant information about the artworks. Lastly a
> third query is also sent to the database to see if there are any other
> projects in the gallery by the same artist- and then create a list of
> related links.

Sounds right.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution