Hello all!

Some of you know, some of you don't know that I'm the maintainer of a
GNU PHP groupware project - http://outreach.sourceforge.net (the project
name is OPT) - sorry, couldn't help advertising :-). One of the users of
OPT has major problems uploading files to the system and I have
absolutely no clue why that is. His PHP version is 4.0.6 on Linux.
Quoting his description of the problem:

"In fact, now it doesn't even report an error. It just takes some time
(about 30 seconds) trying to upload, I guess. The progress bar in the
bottom of MSIE 6.0 shows it doing something, but then it 'finishes',
while still showing the page with the 'Add a new document' form."

I know, your first thought is that OPT has a problem - but here's
another report from the same user when I directed him to alter some
stuff in a MySQL database:

"By pasting it into the 'query' window in phpMyAdmin, but I was
surprised by the result. Instead of an error or successful result from
phpMyAdmin, I got a browser error from MSIE: 'This page cannot be
displayed'"

I have absolutely no idea why this happens - when he sent the first
report, I started thinking it may have been some php.ini setting
regarding uploads, but I was completely confused by the second report.

Did anyone encounter this? Is it a PHP bug? Is it a setting?

Thank you, and I'm sure Tom will as well if you can help us here!

Bogdan Stancescu