well, either make sure $search contains the entire page
or, you have an array fo lines, loop thru it line by line

foreach ($lines as $line)
        eregi( ... )

AFAIK, eregi will match *everything* and dump it all into
$matches (at least that's the behaviour that pregs follow,
i dont use eregs)

---
Scott Hurring
Systems Programmer