From: David Freeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 8:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] GOTO command. Doest it exist?

 > I do beg your pardon... But  does PHP not have GOTO command?

Why do you need one?  In my experience, going right back to BASIC over
10 years ago, it's rarely _necessary_ to have a goto.

In php I suspect you'd get similar functionlity out of either include()
for creating functions.

Not using goto tends to promote readability of program flow also, always
a good thing imho.

Each programming language is different and each has it's own advantage,
disadvantages and is particularly suited to certain uses.  A good
programmer works with the tools available rather than worrying over
language differences.  Just my own opinion and I don't really expect
anyone else to agree.

CYA, Dave